Explore the complex relationship between market drawdowns and recessions, referencing the current state of the U.S. economy, trade concerns, global growth, the U.S. dollar, corporate earnings and “QE”, central bank policies and the outlook for markets outside the U.S.
- How to distinguish between signal and noise for large market drawdowns
- Identify key drivers of asset prices over the next year
- Understand the economy and how recessions impact the markets
- Understand where we are in the current economic cycle, based on ClearBridge’s key economic indicators
- Understand the importance of the consumer for the U.S. economy